JC Cancelleri, PC
100 Arbor Oak Drive, Suite 307, Ashland, VA 23005
Phone: 804-368-7397 – email JC
- Business and Corporate Law
- Business Re-Organization
- Bankruptcy (personal and business)
- Civil Rights
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning and Wills
- Housing Discrimination
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Speeding and reckless driving
JC Cancelleri provides legal and business services such as: business workouts, bankruptcy, contract review, simple litigation, estate planning and general advice. JC is also a professional Leadership and Life Coach, who helps successful businesses and people separate themselves from their competitors and neighbors to reach unimaginable goals.
- Graduated from Regent’s Law school in 1990 and began working for a small Virginia Beach CPA firm to expand their bankruptcy practice, while also practicing estate planning, worker’s compensation and family law.
- Has experience successfully filing chapter 7s and 13s, and several chapter 11s, during which he helped several business clients emerge from the bankruptcy process.
- In 1996, left private practice to become the Director of Virginia’s Fair Housing Office for eight years.
- While working for the state, returned to Regent University to earn a PhD in Organization Leadership and also spent a year training to become a professional Leadership and Life Coach.
- In 2006, returned to private practice, focusing on using his legal and coaching skills to help entrepreneurs and business owners become more organized, passionate and profitable.
- Lives north of Ashland with his wife, Heidi, and they are active community and church members, and have been foster parents for 20 years.
- Serves as a mentor helping and inspiring young boys to become men of honor and integrity.
- Ph.D. – Organizational Leadership, Regent University, 2007
- Law School: Regent University, J.D., 1990
- College: Findlay University, B.A., Public Administration, 1979
- Member: Hanover County and Virginia Bar Associations; Hanover Association of Businesses and Chamber of Commerce; Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce.
Publications: In the past JC wrote a monthly business articles for Retail Partners, the quarterly magazine of the Retail Merchants Association (RMA). His last article encouraged RMA members to learn how other members can help them grow their business. JC Cancelleri has also written fair housing articles for the Fair Housing Coach, a national publication distributed to property management groups and also for Units Magazine, a national publication produced by the National Apartment Association. JC’s doctoral dissertation, which was also published, relates leadership principles to the legal profession.
JC Cancelleri has been a mentor and foster parent for more than twenty years. Between 1998 and 2006 he volunteered as a mentor at the Barrett Juvenile Correctional Facility in Hanover County working with hundreds of teenage boys. Between 1999 and 2007 JC and his wife, Heidi were therapeutic foster parents in Hanover County. In 2005 Hanover County designated JC and Heidi as foster parents of the year. JC also served on Hanover County’s Disability Task Force.
JC Cancelleri | Member of the Torus Law Group
JC Cancelleri is a business strategist and consultant. JC’s value as a business professional is augmented by being a lawyer and life coach as well as his educational background; he also has a PhD in Organizational Leadership. In addition, he is a member of the Torus Law Group, which is comprised of attorneys David Stoyanoff, Paul Trottier, David Watson and closely associated with J.C. Cancelleri, Mark Matthews and Linda Quigley.
David Stoyanoff is experienced in corporate law, buying and selling businesses, structuring and negotiating business transactions, start-ups, commercial real estate, structuring real estate investments, tax planning, estate planning and administration, and business succession planning.
Paul Trottier was first exposed to the trials and tribulations of business ownership at a young age in his father’s small business (A&A Auto and Truck Repair). Today, under the firm’s guidance, he has experience in corporate law, buying and selling businesses, employment law, estate planning and administration, litigation avoidance and commercial litigation.
David Watson brings to the team extensive corporate business experience, negotiations, employment law, bankruptcy, litigation avoidance, mergers & acquisitions and loan closings.
Mark Matthews has over 10 years of experience practicing law and over 16 years of professional leadership and management experience. His practice focuses on civil litigation, criminal defense services, and veterans disability benefits.
Linda Quigley has a breadth of experience that includes business entity and nonprofit formation and Internet law. Experienced with intellectual property law, including trademark and copyright registration process and protecting intellectual property assets.practice focuses on intellectual property matters such as copyright and trademark, Internet law, and electronic discovery.
Together, the Torus Law Group brings decades of combined experience in business law to help deliver dependable legal guidance in every advisory step. As a team the group is dedicated to providing in-depth service completely guided by our clients’ specific needs. We use our diverse backgrounds to foster sound legal strategies and comprehensive business law solutions.
Torus Law is a business law firm dedicated to helping business owners build, grow and protect their companies with sound legal guidance. Our goal is to support each client with legal solutions that best fit the specific path to their company’s ongoing success. Our approach is simple: keep clients informed, educated and protected in every business step. Torus Law attorneys are located in Richmond, Ashland and Williamsburg, Virginia and can provide services throughout the state. Torus Law Website