John “JC” Cancelleri
PO Box 863
Ashland, VA 23005
JC is also a certified Leadership and Life Coach, who helps business owners and individuals distinguish themselves and reach their stated goals.
A few facts about JC:
- He graduated from Regent University’s Law school in 1990 and began working for a small Virginia Beach CPA firm where he worked on tax matters, expanded the firm’s bankruptcy, worker’s compensation and family law practice.
- In 1996, JC left private practice to become the Director of Virginia’s Fair Housing Office. He worked in that capacity for nine years and then returned to private practice.
- While working for Virginia’s Fair Hosing Office, JC returned to Regent University to earn a PhD in Organizational Leadership. He also simultaneously spent a year becoming a certified Leadership and Life Coach.
- In 2006, JC returned to private practice, focusing on using his legal and coaching skills to help entrepreneurs and business owners become more organized, passionate and profitable.
- JC lives with his wife Heidi of 28 years. JC and Heidi have been active community and church members, and have been formal and informal foster parents for 25 years.
- JC serves as a mentor helping and inspiring young men to become men of honor and integrity.
- JC has been a member of the Hanover County and Virginia Bar Associations; Hanover Association of Businesses and Chamber of Commerce, the Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce and Retail Merchants.
Publications: In the past JC wrote monthly business articles for Retail Partners, the quarterly magazine of the Retail Merchants Association (RMA). His last article encouraged RMA members to learn how other members can help them grow their business. JC Cancelleri has also written fair housing articles for the Fair Housing Coach, a national publication distributed to property management groups and also for Units Magazine, a national publication produced by the National Apartment Association. JC’s doctoral dissertation, which was also published, relates leadership principles to the legal profession.